Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day 5: Strings of malls

Today’s plan is to go to as many malls as possible. My heart was itching to go back to MOA but there’s the time factor. And thinking about the LRT station<->MOA jeepney ride isn’t all that pleasant. The last night when we took the ride, the driver tried to squeeze as many people as possible into the jeepney before he would start the journey. It’s something like the Penang mini bus waiting around the Komtar terminal only that this is worse.

I was pretty angry when I took the ride because not only were we packed like sardines, when people got off and there was actually some breathing space, one inconsiderate guy decided to keep all the space for himself by inflating his fat ass. How convenient. And then there were these two lovebirds sitting opposite me which was a pain to look at. Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t care but when I’m in a sardine can, it matters. I don’t remember what they did but I can tell you, lovers suck!

This is turning into an angry post. Rest assured I’m not angry anymore. I’m just trying to picture to you how it’s like being a sardine.

On the way back we were again amazingly squeezed into the jeepney by the driver. It’s unimaginable! It was already so crammed yet he kept on calling more people in. Jesus H. Christ! At that moment I wished I had really bad B.O. so everyone would stay far away from me. That was also the fastest, craziest jeepney ride ever. That guy thinks he’s Michael Schumacher! You know how you’re face feels like it’s all pins and needles after a fast windows down-bus ride? And you kinda lose balance when you get down? That’s how it was.

Anyway, I’m not complaining. It was a crazy jeepney experience! :P

3 comments:

Katherine said...

I hate jeepneys, I hate jeepneys. I hate them, I hate them.

CCCHNG said...

But buses and lrt don't go everywhere and taxis are expensive right? And the 'tricycles' which I didn't get to try certainly don't look any safer than jeepneys. So the only way left for you is to drive :)

Katherine said...

I like the MRT~~ :) Actually, yeah, public transport is not that good. Better someone fetch you and take you elsewhere, hehehehe...

Taxis are reasonable enough IF you are many in a group. :P

But if you can walk, better! :)