Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Second Day: Morning!

We toured the city on the second day and our first stop is of course to…fill up our stomach! We had a typical Filipino breakfast which is tapsilog (ok it's tosilog, refer Arthur's comment), only thing is that we had the one with pork because we don’t take beef. Hmm…crunchy barbequed pork…dang writing this makes me hungry.



Place we had our breakfast. Oh look! The girl is too shy, she’s hiding behind the pots!

And here’s the first meal of the day!

Sorry, I was too hungry to think of taking a photo of it before digging in. And you didn’t see the rice on the table. Nope.

After the hearty meal, we walked over to our first destination. Arthur’s school, the University of Santo Tomas (UST).



Over there of course, we were stopped by guards, again.

Guard: “Where are you going?”
Me: *points at Arthur*

Arthur came and spoke to the guard in Tagalog and he let us through. I think he said we were heading to the church or hospital in the uni. Guards! Sheesh! And I thought universities are open to pedestrians, since they’ve got hospitals and all.

Me: Why did he stop us and not you?
Arthur: Coz you’re not a student.
Me: But you’re not a student too.
Arthur: I just walked straight in.
Me: How did he know I’m not a student?
Arthur: Coz you’re not wearing a uniform!

Wait…uni students…uniforms…? Let’s have a look at their uniforms.


The girls look like nurses and the guys look like…well, guys. C’mon I can get the guys’ uniforms anywhere! They’re just a white shirt and black pants. Then I can walk straight in without the guard interfering. But of course I’ll have to be a dyke to do that.

It’s got the uni feel doesn’t it?


If you look carefully, that statue in the center is pointing to the direction of another university. I don’t remember who the guy is but they say that he’s asking you to go there if you fail here. For more info, Arthur will enlighten you :P

While in there, we had ice cream :)


Sorry guys for my late entry on the second day. I said I'd update this place everyday right. So I lied. :P This one's very long. Just spent the whole afternoon doing this and now I have a headache. I really do.

2 comments:

philos said...

1. breakfast was actually tosilog, a variation of tapsilog... tocino+sinangag+itlog (sweet pork+fried rice+egg)... tapsilog is tapa which is dried beef.

2. He's Benavidez, he's not actually saying that, it's an inside joke.

3. The ice cream is called Sorbetes, in english, Dirty Ice Cream :p

I sure sound like a travelogue hehe

CCCHNG said...

I remember it wasn't 'tap' but I couldn't find it anywhere when I googled. So I just used 'tapsilog' and waited for you to clarify it :P