Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Second Day: Intramuros

Earlier, Arthur took us to his granpa’s place – free lunch :P thanks! – and he also gave us each this packet of fried seaweed. I tried it a few days ago and it tastes great! I went looking for it in the supermarket and I found ones from Japan and they’re expensive :( MYR 5.90


When we were walking in Intramuros, a kid saw me carrying this and started following me asking me to give him some of the seaweed. It’s my first time being asked and followed around for food. I didn’t give him any haha!

Intramuros is a nice place, especially within the walls. But my camera batteries decided to call it a day after I took a video of the bride’s slow walk up the aisle. No more pictures, unfortunately.

After that we took another ride on the carriage with the driver as the tour guide. I love these rides. It’s not really fast but you get a nice cool breeze coupled with the ‘tok tok tok’ of the horse’s hoof against the ground. I didn’t understand the driver’s English and I didn’t care. The breeze was nice and I got to rest my toes. It was not my feet. It was my toes.

He stopped us at a place which I had forgotten the name (help?) and Lee Phei got to take more pictures but not me. Poor me.





Our final stop was in front of Fort Santiago but we didn’t get to go in coz otherwise we’d be late for go-karting.

4 comments:

philos said...

It's called Baluarte de San Diego. It's supposed to be the Southwest fortification, but during the Japanese era, it became dungeons to a lot of Filipino POW.

CCCHNG said...

Ok doesn't ring any bell :P No wonder I don't remember anything about the name.

POW?

philos said...

Prisoner of War

CCCHNG said...

Ohhhhhh