Sunday, December 9, 2007

First Day: The midnight road trip

The day finally came. But I wasn’t feeling excited or anything which is really surprising. Maybe it’s because I had to wait 5 months for the trip and the excitement died? Haha.

On the night before the flight we took a bus to Puduraya, KL. Once we alighted from the bus people were surrounding us, mostly taxi drivers and those who want to earn some side income as a driver. One balding Chinese man took us to KL Sentral where we then took the Air Asia bus to LCCT. Again when we were in Sentral people were approaching us with the promise that they offer a better bus. Seeing this makes me think of the lengths people would go to make a living, staying up till the wee hours just to earn some cash. Sigh. I don’t think I’d ever do that. Procrastinators don’t do that.

We boarded the plane at 7:20 AM without the rojak paste I was supposed to bring to Philippines for my friends (Arthur and Josh). Stupid of me not to check it in. Sheesh.

We tried to catch some sleep in the plane but it was impossible with those cramped leg space and all. Though, one guy sitting behind us was able to go into dreamland with his mouth wide opened.

No comments: