Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day 5: Third stop: Ortigas

We managed to catch the MRT before 5 pm but it was already jam packed. It’s always packed. And to make it worse, the air-cond wasn’t working. Yay. We headed to Ortigas where we took a grumpy driver’s cab to Greenhills where I wished I had gone earlier! It’s a nice place with night market-like stalls on one side, and a high end mall on another side. Too bad they close as early as 9. Why!?!?


I don't know what you call this, but it's like those cuckoo clocks where the objects err...glide out...err something like that. (someone help?) They have this every year for the Christmas celebration. There will be a voice telling the story and sound effects too.


I saw another shoe which I really liked but that mean girl won’t give me discounts and I was in a dilemma. Polvorons for everyone or shoe for myself? (I had already exchanged another USD20 but, yes, I was AGAIN short of cash) Finally I decided to keep the money for polvorons, but listen to my story, there were no more polvorons. Yippie yay. What’s worse, the airport has none too. Doubly yay. Next time, shop for yourself first.

They even have Malaysian food in Greenhills and the restaurant is called Penang Hill.



In Kuala Lumpur, people like to display the name ‘Penang’ on their stalls e.g: Penang Laksa, Penang Char Koay Teow, etc. But don’t be fooled. If they’re using the name, it’s usually nothing like Penang food.

We had Yellow cab pizza for dinner. Check out the hands free washing. You need to use your knee though.



Later that night we met with Tiffy and her thick Physics book.


No comments: